May 12, 2009

Well, hello there.

I am still here. Things have been, well, a bit topsy-turvy in my head the last couple of months. I'm trying to straighten myself out and settle down. It's slow going, but it is going, at least a little bit.

I've been trying to get used to my new job, and doing some knitting, and some spinning, and lots of nothing too. I might have a finished object to show you, but, well, someone has been holding me up.




That's the inside of the finished back of my Estes Vest. Clio decided it was wonderful and the perfect bed, so it has been naught but a bed for some time now. I've also finished one side and part of another, and will be buying a skein of grey Lamb's Pride to make her her very own bed, so she can stop usurping my knitting.

I'm going to try to post more often. I did hear a good joke recently, so look for a Friday Funny this week. Oh, before I forget--I'm going to Rhinebeck this fall! For those of you who aren't fiber fanatics, Rhinebeck is the informal name for the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival, and it is one of the two biggest on the East Coast, if not in the country. I'm considering it research, as I'd really love to make a living traveling to different markets with my yarns, and selling online and wholesale in between festivals.

Till next time, keep knitting, spinning, spending time with your loved ones--whatever it is that makes you tick and keeps you happy!

2 comments:

mica said...

A custom knitted bed will, alas, never have the allure of a WIP. I'm pretty sure they're programmed that way from the cat factory.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that we become complete wimps when our cats start sleeping on something we'd rather they didn't? My cat steels my blanket all the time and she already has three of her own. Good thing we love them. :-)