Feb 4, 2009

Arbitrary Wednesday

1. The online thesaurus I sometimes use gives "promiscuous" as a synonym for random. That's a fail right there, thesaurus.com!

2. Any suggestions on a comfortable low stool, preferably with a back and no arms and perhaps 16" high? My regular spinning stool works just fine with my Sonata, but my Country Spinner requires me to be much lower, and the sofa heaped with pillows won't cut it for more than a skein or two of plying. I love being tall, but sometimes being regular-sized would be most helpful--I wouldn't scrunch over just to be closer to my spinning, and the regular stool would probably be fine!

3. Do you prefer cold water or room temperature water? I like mine to be icy, though I will usually finish my glass if it's warmed to room temperature from icy (but not usually if it's been out overnight, as on my nightstand). I know some folks like warmer water all the time, but I just can't fathom it!


4. I adore pudding, but only instant (or Snack Packs if I must). Cooked pudding (aka the real stuff) has never appealed to me, especially not when it forms a skin, ugh. Instant pudding only turns into pudding because of some sort of reaction between the pudding mix and the calcium in the milk. That's why soy or rice milks don't really work at all and just make pudding-flavored soup, and a reason I occasionally buy cow's milk. But only once in a great while, as it kind of squicks me out (for various reasons I won't go into, cause they're gross).
Oh, and NEVER tapioca. I don't like eating fish eyes, thankyouverymuch.

5. I saw this on Cute Overload today, and it made my whole day. Except, it did make me sad I don't live in Australia, because nothing like this would ever happen in the States. At least, if it does, it's never an animal as cute as a koala.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot damn.

It is HOT.

Hot enough to sneak into this cinderblock haven and look for relief! [Koala makes 'ehn!' sounds]

100_1005

WAIT A MIN! [sploosh sploosh] WHAT'S THEES!?

100_1008

[Test Slurpitty test slurpitty]

100_1009

Yes.

Yes, this will do.

100_1012

[Sizzling Koala sounds]

100_1013

According to Sender-Inner Kathy M., "A guy at work's wife sent him these photos of a little Koala who just walked into the back porch looking for a bit of heat relief. She filled up a bucket and this is what happened!"

2 comments:

Maria said...

I've got a cushioned ottoman type thing that is probably about 16" high. It's from Ikea. Looked it up just now; it's called Klippan. Here's the link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49829734

And BTW -- one of the definitions of promiscuous is "casual, random". It probably came to take its more familiar current meaning because it could be used to say that someone has casual and random partners. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, pink koala tongues!

I'm an instant pudding person, too - chocolate fudge, please. Oh, and I like my water room temperature because I like to chug it and I can't do that if I'm going to get brain freeze 'cause the water's too cold.