Feb 16, 2009

Hmmm.

Welp, I was worn out Sunday and didn't post. Last night, I didn't much feel like it. I still don't tonight, but think I ought to. So now, I'm going to simply caption pictures rather than writing. So I think I shall. It's good to be da king.


Point Loma, the westernmost point of land in the continental US. That pic is for you, dad.


See, I told you we went whale-watching. That right there is the best picture I got. Sure, we saw tails and blow-sprays and flukes. But no, I couldn't get a single one on film.


A replica of the schooner America, who gave its name to the America's Cup race when the title was snatched from the British in 1851.


Look, handknits! See the neckwarmer? You saw it a few weeks ago too. The sweater was bought on clearance at Target. Can anyone explain to me why a sweater made of 60% cotton/25% wool/15% acrylic is the itchiest damn thing I own?!?


A nook-u-ler submarine. They can go 30 YEARS without refueling!! No, that's not a typo. YEARS. I know what I'm doing when the zombies come.


Lazy sea lions. They're sunning on some docks that date from the 1950s and are used for holding live bait.


Part of the SD skyline and the USS Midway. Though it's slightly cut off, the width of the Midway is nearly 26 stories. It's just over 100 stories long, twice the allowed "height" of San Diego skyscrapers due to FAA regulations.


Super delicious "Car Bomb" cupcakes I made for our LSG/Ravelry get together on Sunday. They have Guinness in the chocolate cake batter, whisky (that I didn't use) in the chocolate ganache filling, and Bailey's Irish Cream in the buttercream frosting. They are AMAZING, and you can find the recipe here.

That's all I've got for now. Have to save something for tomorrow's post of randomness, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! The first two pics look so sunny and blue and WARM! So jealous! Those cupcakes sound wonderful! Send me one?