Aug 17, 2008

I'm actually tired of spinning

Wednesday: I find out a wholesale customer needs more yarn ASAP, as much as I can make.
Wed night: I begin spinning singles with the goal of sending a box on Monday--got 11 done.
Thursday: Work. But I wanted to be home spinning!
Thurs night: Plying, plying, plying. I plied 9 of them, was too tired by the end to do anything else.
Friday: Work again, but wishing I had my wheels.
Fri night: Out to dinner for a friend's birthday. I had fun, but also worried I would get behind.
Fri late night: Wound all the plied yarns onto my niddy noddy one at a time and set the twist.
Saturday morning: Got the brakes fixed, and began designing a DIY shawl kit while sitting there (more on those later)
Saturday and night: Spin, spin, spin, spin...I think I spun another 10 singles (11 counting the one from yesterday) and plied 10. Was again too tired to wind off, so I went to sleep.
Sunday morning: Wake up to a 6lb cat who is more effective than any alarm clock. Unfortunately, it was only about 5.5 hours after I went to bed. Get up and wind off the plied yarns from last night and set the twist.
Sunday and early evening: Spin another 6 singles and then ply all of them (7, remember, there was one from yesterday?). Intermittently worry that neighbor's kitten (who shouldn't be outside) is attacking your yarns as they dry in the sun on the front porch (he did once, but I intercepted before damage was done). Wind the 7 plied yarns off and set the twist.
Sunday just a few minutes ago: Get excited about the prospect of making real food for a late dinner and relaxing (maybe even bathing!), and then remember there are still 26 tags to be written and attached to the yarns, for which you must weigh and find yardage on all the damn skeins. Crap.

Did you notice there's almost no mention of eating or bathing or any of those everyday activities in there? The only reason the cat got food is because hers is easier to fix than mine! Big Man is out of town for work, so I have been subsisting on things like bagels and crackers and other readily prepared foods. I also told her I'd see how many I could get done by Weds and send those too.
Complaining aside, I am very thankful for the business and for my new wheel because I'm
able to ply these yarns about 3 times faster than before. It really allows me to streamline my process, which is wonderful. Speaking of wonderful, I think I will go shower before I write the tags...or do I want to eat instead?

There are still 7 skeins not shown--they're drying.

I didn't do the HUGE skein in the middle during this period--I just finally got around to taking a picture of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang! You've been busy girl! Your yarn is just beautiful. They look so squishy and soft. Congratulations on the business. Yay!