Aug 7, 2008

The internet is pretty amazing.

Yes, I'm a nerd sometimes. Maybe I should get out more. But, I can’t imagine how empty my life would be without the internet--I wouldn’t have my shop, I wouldn’t have met many of my fibery friends, I wouldn’t be able to keep in touch as easily with my cross-country family, and I wouldn’t have been able to teach myself how to knit and spin. Most recently, I wouldn't have been able to so easily solve (or hope I've solved) a big problem for a loved one without advice from a kind person I've never met who happened to answer my forum post. Actually, I’m pretty darn grateful for the internet (and for Barbara, the wonderful stranger--thanks a million)!

How would your life be different (or better, or worse) without the internet?

2 comments:

cserdan said...

Interesting post!!!!

Without the internet, I would never have found Etsy which has changed my life in so many ways. I would never have found the courage to sell my jewelry in person (I'm a horrible salesperson and terribly shy) and my little business would never have seen the light of day.

My etsy sales have been much more personal than any craft show I've done at home. Not sure why!!! But it is definitely true.

I've made so many great connections with people on my computer it is kind of bizarre.

Anonymous said...

Without the internet I wouldn't have my blog through which I've made friends all over the world. It's been wonderful having such a community.