Jul 27, 2008

New Yarns! And some creative help is requested...

Ok, so most of the stuff I've spun lately won't see the light of day on Etsy (it's for a wholesale order). But I thought I'd throw out some photos of the things you will find on Etsy as well as some shots of the wholesale yarns...

Sherbet--look for this on Etsy
(roving from FatCatKnits)
(named by the Big Man--he's been trying to name a yarn Sherbet since I began spinning, and finally succeeded!)



Woodlands FunkYarn - it'll be on Etsy
(batt from Hobbledehoy)


Jungle Juice FunkYarn - you'll find this on Etsy
(batt from Hobbledehoy)


wholesale yarn - the customer will name it
(roving from FatCatKnits)



wholesale yarn - the customer will name it
(roving from FatCatKnits)

I took part in a swap on Ravelry. It was in the Novelty Yarn Spinners group, and we each sent 5 different types of items, 3 words, and a photo to the recipient (who was not the same person who sent things to us). This is the assortment I received from my partner in Singapore. She was inspired by watching documentaries on Charles Manson and counter-culture. I am completely blanking on any ideas of how to incorporate that concept into these elements (and some fiber to spin it with), and especially would love any thoughts on how to use the pig! It's a resin figurine--the softer resin, not the shatterable stuff. In other words, if I need to cut it up, I can...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn! It's absolutely beautiful! I think my favorite is Sherbet. Sorry, I have no idea what to do with the swap bits. Um, a pig?

cserdan said...

You're tempting me with the yarn (except I don't know how to knit!)

Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the pig :)