Jul 1, 2008

"Normal"

I just graduated with my second bachelor's degree in May. Before that, I worked a marketing job that took me on the road very frequently, sometimes just every weekend, and sometimes for weeks and weeks at a time. Since I started school this time around, Big Man and I have been waiting for me to graduate so life can get back to "normal". Now that I have graduated, there was the futzing around with my job to see if they were going to take me on full time (they did), my sister's wedding to plan (more on that later), and summer is Big Man's busy travel season at work (he just came home from two weeks on the road). So things still aren't "normal".

I wonder when they will be, and how we'll know it. I wonder if they ever will be. I wonder if it matters :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

Hah. I've given up hope of something like "normal". Though I'm sure my life is pretty normal. It just never FEELS like it is, you know?

Here's hoping that you get some normality soon!

Anonymous said...

Who's to say that all your crazy jobs, running around all the time, and never seeing each other isn't normal? Maybe the rest of us are just messed up :) And thanks for that whole wedding thing. I 'preciate it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your second degree! Let's hear it for evenings and weekends with no studying! :-)

Maggie said...

Aww, thanks :). And no homework has been *awesome*, lemme tell ya.

After thinking about it for a bit, I have a feeling that normality can often be identified with ennui--the abnormal stuff is what keeps life interesting!