Oct 27, 2008

Kitty update

I called just now on the shelter kitties, and Ms Tortie is only about a year old and doing well and ready for adoption She is sweet as sugar, and animal number 33104 if you want to head over and drop the $75 for the adoption fees and take home this adorable munchkin. Seriously, she was the quietest, sweetest, calmest kitty I've ever had in a carrier, and a head-butting fiend before I put her in. Give the North County Humane Society & SPCA shelter at 760-757-4357 and ask about animal 33104. They've given her a name now, but I can't remember it. Something-ee, I think--maybe Callie?

Mr B&W, however, has been euthanized. The very kind lady on the phone said there wasn't a reason marked in the computer, but the vet was at the shelter today, and the nice lady will be calling me back with more info. The shelter only euthanizes for illness or aggression. Now, I'm hoping that the foolishness I was told earlier in the week about "not being able to get near them" is not the reason. I will be angry if it is. He was a little antsy in the carrier, but sweet sweet sweet overall, and even friendly in the carrier, just scared. They marked him as a kitten, age unknown.
He was scruffy enough when I snagged him that I thought he was middle-aged, maybe with some kidney disease--certainly didn't think he was a kitten. Now, I'm not hoping that the shelter (and any loose animals at my complex) were exposed to an FIV or FeLeuk kitty, but I wonder if maybe that accounted for his scruffiness.

If the nice shelter lady hasn't called me back by 4:30, I'll call her again. When I find out what happened, I'll tell you here as an edit in this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what's the word on the B&W kittie?

Maggie said...

I don't know yet. I tried calling back last night before 5, and had to leave a message. It's been my experience that they don't return messages (which is fine), so I'll try to call again today.