Nov 19, 2008

Randomness

I remembered, I remembered! Cookies for me!

1. I'm going home this weekend (back east). I'm going to freeze--I think the highest high is 43, and the lowest low is 24. Yes, 24 degrees farenheit. I don't have a winter coat anymore, and mom and sis are both smaller than me, so not so good for borrowing. As it's for a whole 36 hours or so, I'm just going to test the warmth of my own knitting. I am, however, considering seeing if I can use superbulky yarn to knit a sweater on the plane.

2. I killed my computer. There was a "planned outage" in the wee hours of Sat/Sun (thanks SDGE), and I forgot to unplug the damn thing. Big Man and I are hoping it's just the "ignition" (not the computery term), but a computer tech-y friend says he thinks it's the motherboard. However, said computer friend has a days old baby in the house, so I'm gonna forgive him for not inspecting it in person! Big Man is going to get the ignition and install it, and I'm crossing my fingers for it to be operational by the time I get back Sunday. I am ever so thankful that Big Man has a laptop through work, and that we have a wireless router. I am, sadly, completely dependent on the internet.

3. I am currently writing and posting patterns as fast as I can translate them from the chickenscratch in my pattern journal. So far, it's just the Delight mitts and the Pocket Scarf, but I'm hurrying. I plan to add the Horizon hat soon, as well as the T-Shrug and the Practical Wrap. I'm listing them on both Ravelry and Etsy, so look me up!

4. I am officially open for wholesale business with some of my handspun yarns. Feel free to contact me for a price list and terms!

5. I know I stink because there hasn't been a fibery post in some time. Well, not one with pictures, which is what counts. However, I am sending out a little wholesale order of my Squish thread-plied yarns before I leave Friday, and will snap some pictures
(even if they're shot in the cruddy fluorescent light of my kitchen) before I wrap them up. That said, there will be nothing this weekend, because I'll be whirling my way to the east coast and back--but hopefully I'll get some good stuff knitted while I'm gone!

No comments: